Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Introduction

On October 13th, 2008 I will be running a Half-Iron Man competition which consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and a 13 mile run all done consecutively at La Jolla Shores on the same day. A good friend of mine Carlos Gutierrez of Paradise Found Realty Consultants www.paradisefoundsd.com got me into it through the Challenged Athlete’s Foundation. I initially thought it was only going to be a 13-mile run which I knew I could power through it as I have a lot of will power. Then, Carlos and I were talking and he said, “Hey that’s great you’re going to be on my team for the Half-Iron Man”. I didn’t let on to Carlos that I thought it was only a 13-mile run I just thought I would macho my way through it. Afterwards, I was thinking to myself you’re really going to do this aren’t you? I got to thinking about the Challenged Athlete’s Foundation www.challengedathletes.org and these kids which compete in similar sporting events and yet they are double amputees or are in wheel chairs and I said if they can do it I can.I think here in the U.S. we take almost everything for granted, our health, family, friends and everything good we have. Did you know that just by being born in the U.S. you are more blessed than 99% of the rest of the world? One of my personal beliefs is that a life lived unto itself is really a boring waste of life. Someone who doesn’t give back to society truly hasn’t lived life to the fullest. This is one of the reasons why I decided to give $5,000 to the Challenged Athlete’s Foundation which is only the beginning. Whenever you see an athlete wearing a special prosthetic leg, keep in mind that one of those legs costs around $36,000. If you’re one of my friends or Investors I want you to seriously consider clicking on the link below to donate; don’t think about it too long as people tend to talk themselves out of something when they think too long. I’ve included some information on the organization below so you can check them out and make that donation. mdc2008.kintera.org/carlosg (CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW)

No comments: